Updates for the week of March 11, 2019 his week
* Piney Campground will open on March 15
* Turkey Bay OHV Area will reopen on Thursday March 14 at 8am
*Some campsites within campgrounds are closed until they are cleaned up
Keep in mind that many roads, trails and recreation facilities that were impacted by high water could have debris and trash on them. Please exercise caution when traveling in these areas.
Land Between the Lakes , Ky./Tenn. -Feb. 27, 2018
The U.S. Forest Service officials at Land Between the Lakes warn visitors of rising lake levels that will close some campgrounds and impact trails.
Piney Campground, Cravens Bay and Smith Bay will close on March 1. Other campgrounds will have some restrictions.
Visitors are encouraged to exercise caution and use boat ramps at their own risk.
“We’re excited to get people back outside but please use caution,” said Tina Tilley, Land Between the Lakes area supervisor. “Tilley warns that recent rains and predicted high winds will create potential for downed trees. “Due to the recent rains we already have alot of trees down and we expect more.” She asks that downed trees be reported to (270) 924-2000.
Flooding Closures Land Between The Lakes Updates as of February 27, 2019:
- Moss Creek Day Use Area Closed
- Energy Lake Day Use Area Closed
- Hemitate Picnic Area Closed
- Road 134 bridge closed by water. Access to Nature Station by Road 133
- Nature Station Trails Closed
- Honker Dam Day Use Area Closed
- Lake-side Sites at Hillman Ferry, Piney, Birmingham Ferry, Gatlin Point, and Cravens Bay are closed
- Canoe rental services at Energy Lake and Nature Station closed
- Fishing pier at Piney closed
- Road 126 near Davenport Bay is closed
- Road 142 near Rhodes and Vickers Bay is closed
- Smith Bay Campground Closed
- Sites are closed in Redd Hollow, Sugar Bay, Twin Lakes, Nickell Branch, Taylor Bay, and Boswell Landing Campgrounds
- Parts of Colson Hollow Group Camp is closed
- Lake front activities at Brandon Spring are closed
- Road 134 near Energy Dam is closed
- Road 108 closed by Willow Bay, access to Demumbers Bay by Road 109 only
- The Road to Gatlin Point Boat Ramp closed. Bards Dam submerged
- Additional camping area at Turkey Bay closed. Road 167 closed at Point 1
- Additional sites in Hillman Ferry and Piney are closed
- Additional Sites in Cravens Bay and Gatlin Point Campgrounds are closed
- Sites in Fenton Campground impacted
- Sewage Treatment Plant at Piney is shut down
- Birmingham Ferry campground is closed
- Additional Sites are closed in Redd Hollow, Sugar Bay, Twin Lakes, Nickell Branch, Taylor Bay, and Boswell Landing Campgrounds
- Colson Hollow Group Camp is closed
- Additional camping area at Turkey Bay closed. Road 167 closed at Point F
This information was current as of February 27, 2019. Call before you travel or check for updates online. Check for Land Between The Lakes closures and known impact updates at www.landbetweenthelakes.us/alerts-notices.
The current lake levels for Kentucky Lake and Barkley Lake can be found online as well at:
To find more information about Land Between the Lakes, log on to the official website at www.landbetweenthelakes.us or call 1.800.525.7077 or 270.924.2000.