NOTE: Land Between The Lakes announced additional Additional Updates and Temporary Closures – Find the Latest Updates Here: https://www.landbetweenthelakes.us/alerts-notices/
Effective immediately, Land Between The Lakes offices have moved to virtual services only. If you need assistance or have questions, please call:
Please be aware, some facilities at this location are closed. Keep in mind, trails and roads may be open for use. Local managers are committed to the health and safety of recreational visitors and our staff. We are following guidelines from state health officials and experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding COVID-19, and are closely monitoring the situation and responding to current conditions. For visitors with questions regarding COVID-19, please visit the CDC’s website.
Alerts Page Last Updated March 23, 2020 at 08:17 CST
- Woodlands Nature Station
- Homeplace 1850s Working Farm
- North Welcome Center
- South Welcome Center
- Golden Pond Visitor Center
- Golden Pond Planetarium & Observatory
- Moss Creek
- Star Camp
- Target Range
- Elk & Bison Prairie is OPEN
- Turkey Bay OHV Area is OPEN
- Wranglers Day Use is OPEN
The following campgrounds are CLOSED:
- Hillman Ferry Campground
- Piney Campground
- Energy Lake Campground
- Wranglers Campground
(Wranglers Day Use is OPEN)
- Although Hillman Ferry, Piney, Energy Lake, and Wranglers Campgrounds are closed, basic, dispersed, and self-service camping is available. Click here for more information.
Campground Reservation Refunds: Land Between the Lakes will cease taking new reservations until April 30, 2020. All existing reservations for the period March 20, 2020 to April 30, 2020 will be refunded in full. All reservations due to arrive April 30, 2020 or before will be cancelled, and all fees paid will be refunded automatically. You do not need to cancel your reservation. In this current situation, refunds may take some time to process. Your refund may take place in multiple payments; please allow a few weeks to receive your full refund.
Campfire Safety Reminder
Land Between the Lakes reminds visitors to use extreme caution when building campfires, especially in basic and dispersed areas. Please remove any debris around the fire ring, make sure campfire ashes are cold before leaving unattended, and keep a bucket of water and a shovel nearby. Remember, only you can prevent wildfires.
- Road 122 is CLOSED, having 4 culverts replaced
- Turkey Bay OHV Area is OPEN
- Wranglers trails 1, 2, 3 and 6 are CLOSED due to storm damage.
NOTE: Water is not available on trails. There are a few seasonal springs. You must carry water and/or bring a filter to use when you find water (lake shore). Water is available at Golden Pond Visitor Center and Land Between the Lakes dump stations.
Prescribed Fire Information
We plan prescribed fire ignition under very specific conditions. Prior to a prescribed burn, we barricade roads in the burn area and monitor for smoke issues. We contact officials in nearby communities before the burn takes place. Prescribed fires improve overall wildlife habitat diversity and helps promote many native trees and plants like our oaks, hickories, native grasses, and wildflowers. View more information about Land Between the Lakes’ prescribed fire program.
- While driving, watch for deer along and crossing roads in the area.
- Use tick repellent spray, before heading out in the woods. For more information: Tick Fact Sheet
- For general safety tips, check out this Forest Service website.
- Wildlife Refuges will be closed Nov. 1, 2020 – Mar. 15, 2021
Return to Main Livingston County, KY Blog Page
Return to Livingston County Home Page